Are you planning your next vacation in Australia? Don’t forget to explore the incredible nightlife scene, known for its diverse range of bars. Whether you prefer elegant cocktail bars or cozy pubs, Australia has something for everyone. Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you find the best bars in Australia.
How to find the Best bars in Australia?
1.Refer online directory websites
Look up popular bar listings and review websites as a place to start your search to find the best bars in Australia. Websites like Top 10 Bars, TripAdvisor, and Yelp offer information and user reviews about bars in various Australian cities. Local city guides and travel websites also frequently offer suggestions for the top bars in the area.
Benefits of using directory websites to find the best bars in Australia:
- You can access a diverse selection of bars, including those that may not be popular but offer unique experiences.
- Many directory websites include reviews & ratings of customers. These provide a clear idea about the exact quality of a bar.
- Directory websites typically offer location-based search functionality to find bars near your location.
- Directory websites provide all information in one place (Website URL, open hours, menus, price ranges, contact details & Google Maps.)
- Some directory websites offer discounts if you book the bars through their websites.
- Most directory websites help to filter & sort results based on various criteria, such as cuisine, ambiance, price range, or user ratings.
- Referring to a directory site saves your precious time compared to traditional methods like asking for recommendations or physically exploring the area.
2.Refer local recommendations
If you want to find the best bars in Australia, Talk to people who live there or have been to Australia before. Inquire about their favorite bars and any hidden locations. Locals frequently know about the best bars that aren’t as well-known to tourists.
Benefits of referring to local recommendations,
- Local recommendations come from people who know the area well. They know hidden bars that do not use advertising.
- Locals know the bars that offer authentic & genuine experiences with the culture.
- When you ask for guidance from locals, you can often receive personalized suggestions according to your preferences.
- Locals are up-to-date about recent openings, closures, or changes in a bar’s offerings.
- Locals provide safety tips & advice about the area, helping you make informed choices when visiting bars in unfamiliar neighborhoods or cities.
3.Explore city neighborhoods
Every Australian city has distinctive neighborhoods, and most of these neighborhoods have distinctive bar scenes. For instance, Sydney’s Surry Hills, Darlinghurst, and Newtown are noted for their dynamic and diversified bar cultures. Fitzroy, Collingwood, and the CBD (Central Business District) are all areas of Melbourne where you may discover trendy pubs.
Things to keep in mind while exploring city neighborhoods,
- Plan for safe transportation options in advance.
- Travel with friends or trusted companions. Stick together and look out for each other throughout the evening.
- Avoid shortcuts through dark alleys or secluded streets.
- Keep your belongings secure, and be careful with your wallets, smartphones, and purses.
- Be mindful of local laws and regulations, including age restrictions and public drinking rules. Violating these can cause legal trouble.
- Keep a list of emergency contacts, including local authorities and your embassy, in case of any unexpected incidents.
4.Consider bar themes and ambiance.
Australia has a diverse selection of bar concepts and scenes. There’s something for everyone, whether you’re searching for a contemporary rooftop bar with city views, a comfortable pub with live music, or a secret nightclub with a vintage ambiance. You can find bars that meet your needs if you concentrate on the type of ambiance you desire.
Refer to our best themed bars list in Melbourne as a guide,
5.Check out the bar menus.
If you have specific choices for cocktails, beers, or wines, check out the menus of potential bars. Some bars specialize in unique and innovative cocktail creations, while others focus on local craft beers or a curated wine selection. Make sure the bar offers the drinks you enjoy.
6.Visit during happy hours or specials.
In Australia, a lot of bars offer daily specials or happy hour discounts. Use these discounts to get a taste of the pub culture without spending a fortune. Happy hours are hosted frequently in the late afternoon or early evening and feature reduced prices on drinks and occasionally even free appetizers.
During happy hours, in the late afternoon or early evening, you can expect lower prices on a wide range of drinks.
Bars and pubs are crowded during happy hours, as people gather after work or before dinner. It builds a social and friendly environment, making it an excellent time to meet new people or spend time with friends and colleagues.
Some bars go the extra mile by giving complimentary appetizers during happy hours. These snacks range from simple finger foods like nachos or wings to sliders or mini sandwiches.
7.Attend bar events and festivals.
Watch out for festivals and bar events in the locations you’re visiting. These gatherings frequently include the area’s top bars and offer a great chance to try their specialties. Check out occasions like bar crawls, beer festivals, or cocktail contests that can improve your experience visiting bars.
8.Engage with bartenders
Bartenders can provide helpful advice because they are frequently enthusiastic about what they do. Start a conversation with them and inquire about their preferred local bars. They can be privy to insider information or possess little-known treasures.
9.Use social media
Follow bars on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media websites to find best bars in Australia. Numerous bars frequently publish updates on new menu items, upcoming occasions, and exclusive promotions. You may keep updated and find new bars that share your interests by following them.
10.Take advantage of bar tours.
Taking part in a guided bar tour is an opportunity to visit several bars in one location. These excursions frequently feature educated guides who will tell interesting stories, give insights into the neighborhood’s bar scene, and expose you to hidden treasures you might not have found on your own.
11.Visit local breweries and distilleries.
The craft brewing and alcohol sectors are growing in Australia. If you want to see how these drinks are made in person, visit local distilleries and breweries. You can sample the products at many of these establishments’ on-site bars or tasting rooms. It’s a fantastic way to experience new flavors and support neighborhood businesses.
12.Seek out live music venues.
Due to Australia’s vibrant live music culture, many bars also serve as concert venues. If you want live music, seek places that frequently feature regional bands or musicians. You may unwind with a delicious beverage and outstanding musicians of various genres.
Whether you are arranging a night out in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, or any other Australian city, this guide will help you sort through the vast selection of bars and identify the ones that go well with your tastes and preferences.
You’ll have a unique and pleasurable bar-hopping adventure by researching, asking for tips from locals, & exploring other neighborhoods, and soaking up the culture. Raising your glass now, prepare to discover Australia’s vibrant bar scene!
And visit our Top 10 Bars website to find any type of Bar/ Pub in Australia as we have an exclusive list of the best Bars in Australia.